Thursday, November 20, 2008

Coffee...good for the soul


I'm a coffee lover through and through. When God chooses to bless us with pregnancy, I really don't know what I will do. I've tried to cut out the coffee before and my friends it isn't pretty. I don't mind decaf but really, what's the point. A very good friend of ours loves to roast his own coffee beans, let me tell you this stuff will put hair on your chest, but it certainly is delicious. He opened my eyes to "green beans". No, not the string vegetable kind but raw coffee beans. I didn't even know you could buy those. I'm a fan of organic and fair trade. Fair trade means the companies pay the workers fair wages, not slave labor. A company I've grown to love is Pura Vida.
Ive ordered green beans from them and we use them commercially at our coffee cart at church. It's very yummy and they support other great companies like Sojourners. So, if your in the mood for coffee and want to make sure your supporting good causes check em out. They deliver straight to your door in less than a week!

2 comments:

TimAprilA said...

Wow... whatever will you do???? hhahahha
I honestly didn't know that Coffee was bad when you were pregnant! Well it wont be a problm for me If it ever happens I dont drink the stuff hahaha...
Love ya amanda... hopeyou have a great weekend!!!!!

Sarah said...

Just thought I would shine a bit of light on your coffee issue. My OB told me that I could have 1 6-8oz cup of coffee a day. I didn't believe him so I did some more of my own research and it turns out he was right. So at least you can have some coffee while you are pregnant.