Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What I am looking forward to

A friend asked me today what I am looking forward to about this baby.
I am a planner and Mike is sure it is a boy so we are going to find out the sex. I am convinced we are having a girl. It really doesnt matter to us we are just so happy to have this family, even for the weeks we already have! So here's my list.

~I look forward to seeing what this baby looks like, the face and the hair and all the things that make my hubby and I unique put together perfectly in another person God formed.
~I look forward to knowing his or her personality and the traits that they pick up from us.
~I look forward to seeing my husband be a father. Something he desires more than I do for him.
~I look forward to having to be selfless for someone else everyday because there are children that dont get to experience the joy of being wanted, desparately.

God is teaching me to be obedient. I know that sounds weird but its true. Be obedient in talking with and spending time with Him even when I dont feel good and want to just veg-out in bed all day. To rely on Him to change my heart and teach me patience so that the enemy has no place to hold on to.

I'm tired and nothing fits right, I have terrible skin, my nose is stuffy and bleeding, i'm starving and my tailbone hurts. Its hard growing a human, harder than I thought but its a joy everyday to be reminded of this miracle. I think I feel him or her moving every once in a while and those few seconds make it all worth it.

This morning I was brushing my teeth and thanking God for running water. When things are hard what can you find to be happy about? If you are down financially, do you have food to eat? Do you have 1 warm sweater or jacket? There is a person that asked for some help because he is sleeping under the trees. He made me be grateful for the gas in my car, shoes on my feet, flannel sheets on my bed and WARM water in my home. Nicole Nordeman sings a song called "Gratitude" makes me cry everytime, this is my favorite part.....

"Daily bread, give us daily bread
Bless our bodies, keep our children fed
Fill our cups, then fill them up again tonight
Wrap us up and warm us through
Tucked away beneath our sturdy roofs
Let us slumber safe from danger's view this time

Or maybe not, not today
Maybe You'll provide in other ways
And if that's the case . . .

We'll give thanks to You
With gratitude
A lesson learned to hunger after You
That a starry sky offers a better view if no roof is overhead And if we never taste that bread..."



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!! I love that you guys are going to be parents soon. You are both going to be amazing parents!!! You already are...