Monday, December 15, 2008

rain, rain are you here to stay?

It rained so much today. It was amazing really. All I wanted to do was lie in bed with a warm drink and watch sappy movies on Lifetime. In my old life I would have gladly called in sick and enjoyed a quiet, cozy day in my pj's. I don't have that liberty anymore. Instead of "calling in", I'm "in my calling". That puts a damper on my damp day plans. Today I traded in my cozy bed and recorded t.v. for 10 hours of ministry. Some of which was ministering to people Ive never met and may never meet. So now here I sit, on my couch, glasses on, heat on, laziness....on. TV on, blog stalking on, Brain...OFF. Won't you join me? He did....

4 comments:

lesli said...

i'm so glad you posted! i was just thinking last night... where has that girl been on the blog posts=) wish i could have bunked up with you to watch movies=) i'm probably a bad influence though because i would have begged you to call in=)

MsViz said...

So it's raining today. I am home thinking of you. I am having a mini craft day finishing up some last minute gifts for work, friends and maybe the family. Work was so boring yesterday. School ended last week. I just decided to take a vacation day. Tomorrow is the annual Publications holiday fest. Fun, food, silly gift exchange. Can't wait to see you on Saturday.

TimAprilA said...

Thats so nice of him...

Anonymous said...

you guys are cute.