Monday, July 7, 2008

Paradigm Shift

A few years ago I studied the "5 love languages" which opened my eyes to a whole new side of myself. One thing I discovered is that I hate being told I've done something wrong or that I should change. Not because I dont want to change but because chances are I already know and have been working on it. So, to be told I need some work hurts. The flip side is that I'm always aware of what I say and do. I was recently pondering why I comment negatively on a subject and wondered if God was trying to change my heart or if the circumstance regarding the negativity needed to change. Still wondering but I find it interesting. I know its vague but I'm a privacy person so I'll never divulge too much info about me. I do find life interesting when I have something to pray about beyond the normal "thanks, praise, please help and keep safe" prayers. Is God changing you? Are you experiencing a paradigm shift? Its wierd but awkwardly interesting, at least I think so.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

"...I hate being told I've done something wrong or that I should change. Not because I dont want to change but because chances are I already know and have been working on it."

Oh, Amanda, I can soooo relate to this.

I love it when you blog, it either makes me smile or think. :) Keep it up, girl!

Mwah! Love you.

Holly Brim said...

Sad to see that you didn't post what your love languages are!