Monday, March 3, 2008

Chicken and God


I'm not a huge fan of fast food. Let's face it most of it is just crap. A few years ago I watched the infamous "Supersize me" and well it's had a lasting effect on me ever since. There is one thing I will ALWAYS stop for. Chicken. Not just any chicken though, Chick-fil-A chicken. Or as my good friend Kim and I kindly refer to it as simply "chicken". We eat it at least 2x a week, sometimes 2x a day if I'm lucky. I may be a little bias as I did work there and enjoyed every minute of it. Besides eating a lot, and I mean A LOT of good chicken, I learned so much in my short time with the company but mostly grace. God showed His mercy and grace in abundance. I firmly believe that God was preparing me for my current journey through my job at the good ol' CFA. Somehow I even managed to find a way to merge both chicken and my new job into an event once a month. I met some fun friends and slowly God shaped me into the person I am today. I was so broken when I came to work there I really had no where to go but up. God brought an amazing family to model true love, compassion, humor and to slowly help build my confidence and character. I got to travel and work hard and share God with so many. There were many angels there and I am so grateful for each one. What better place could one work than where the corporate mission statement is "To glorify God by being good stewards of all that has been entrusted to us. To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A". Maybe that should be our own personal mission statements.

3 comments:

MsViz said...

Hey niece. Looks like a fun thing. Maybe I'll do one.

Patricia Bennett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patricia Bennett said...

My comment didn't show up - lame.....but what I was saying is that I'm still waiting on your cool blog about your nail...