Sunday, July 5, 2009

An angel

God sent me an angel today. The last month has been nothing short of unbelievable in good and bad. I have seen and felt and heard God's goodness and today he sent me an email from an angel. This is some of what it said....

" I have been thinking about the two of you more and more. I'm not sure if your physical body needs healing but I know that if you are anything like me, the struggle to get pregnant has taken a toll on your mental health. For the next 28 days, I will be fervently praying for you instead of myself. Every time I begin to think about how I would decorate the empty room in my house, or what names I like, I will be praying that God give you the desires of your heart. I will be praying for your marriage; that it continues to strengthen and that you will continue to fall in love with your husband more and more each day. I pray that you will let all unforgiveness and guilt and anger go. If your body needs healing, I pray that God bring that to you. I pray that you find peace. I don't know if I am the one designed to pray for you but it can't hurt. I no longer want to be selfish in my prayers".

The last few weeks have been filled with utter joy and totally devastation. I dont think I've ever in my life felt so many conflicting emotions. Today was the first day I realized I actually felt normal again and then I received this email. I sit with tears flowing and heart absolutely amazed and filled with love.
So sweet angel, I will pay it forward and do the same for someone else.You have challenged me to think outside my own box. Thank you for showing me God's goodness today. Thank you for living our vision of being real. Thank you for stepping out in faith and sharing with me how God has spoken to you. I know that through your love and obedience you will be blessed. My dear sweet friend, I bless you with truth and the ability to feel hope as you trudge through the unknown future.
We know the ending of the story, God wins everytime.

P.s. The definition of "trudge" is...
trudge
n : a long difficult walk
v 1: walk heavily and firmly

Firmly. Set on the firm foundation of our great savior. Heavily, knowing
that the ground you are firmly walking on is supported by Christ.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda- You will be in my prayers :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. This was powerful.... I love you friend. I love our church family and the the way God is moving through it.

Lindy PRD said...

What an awesome encouragement. It is obvious that God is doing something here. Who knows how long the journey will be, but God is with you on the road which is most important. He is with you, He knows.

Anonymous said...

wow. thats all that comes to mind. I love hearing stories of how God and His people are doing amazing things in and through each other. Thank you and your angel for being real. :)

Moira said...

What a gift from God you have in your friend. I pray that God will work in adn through you in the days to come as you continue to walk this journey with Him.