Monday, September 8, 2008

The wonders of this world




There are a lot of things I don't totally understand in life but accept them and move on. Most things are explainable but pregnancy and babies are a mystery to me. The whole concept of getting pregnant and staying pregnant and giving birth is just a crazy miracle. The miraculousness of it (is that a word?) is what gets me everytime. Which is also what makes me sad and angry all at the same time. I think that women/girls dont really understand what it takes to just get pregnant, let alone stay pregnant and give birth to a healthy, functioning human being. With the abortion rates and teen pregnancies and abuse cases its enough to depress anyone who reads up on it. Thats what gets me. I know God allows us to make choices but why does He allow pregnancy? Why does a 14 year old get blessed with pregnancy the first time she has sex and aborts the baby, but a 30 year old who desperately wants to have a child can't get pregnant? It makes me teary just thinking of it. I keep trying to understand why some people get it and others dont and the only thing that makes sense to me is that we get a choice. But that doesn't even make sense. Its the 1 thing that perplexes me the most about God. You'd think it was philosophy or the trinity or is heaven and hell real but I get all that. That all makes perfect sense to me and I don't question it. There are some things a person just knows. I just know it and believe it and thats that. But the pregnancy thing leaves me bewilderd. How? Why? Why not? When? How??? uggh. I'm frustrated just thinking about it. Read a book on pregnancy and tell me if you get it. I don't.
The pictures are of my nephew Micah, coming soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are not alone amanda. I too don't understand it. I've never understood Gods timing and plan for like 99% of pregnancies. I don't even understand why I'm on baby #2. He has a plan for it all and I am definitely gonna have to have a talk with Him.

Kevin and Bekah said...

Your blog (along with a handful of other things yesterday) really got me thinking. I blogged as well. http://atkinsonlifeingeneral.blogspot.com/2008/09/god-is-god-and-i-am-not.html

Sarah said...

You have a lot of good questions! I don't know the answer to all of them either but all I can think of is that at 14 that girl probably is thinking of one thing herself. She isn't thinking about the little miracle that is growing inside of her. Why God allows it to happen I do not know but what I do know is how wonderful it is to see our friends who have been trying to have a baby for years holding their precious little gift from God in their arms. Maybe that is why some people have a harder time getting pregnant then others. So that we can see the physical evidence that there is a God and He does answer our prayers. Now is that exavctly fair? No but I don't know about you but I don't want God to be fair with me.

Anonymous said...

I don't think we're supposed to "get it" since it is all a miracle constructed and created by God. It's above our mental levels. having been thru it all now, i marvel at it even more! miss you girlie and those great hugs!

Rose's Books said...

i would like you to know that i got a little confused. i had a ton of tabs opened to blogs and i thought i clicked on kim's baby blog but i had clicked on yours. i looked at the 4D pic of micah and thought, "okay, now that's just a rip off! they're giving everyone pictures of the same freaking baby!!!" then i noticed that it was yours... lol.

TimAprilA said...

Well Amanda...
I totally agree...
sometimes I ask the same questions and I get frustrated too at times.. I know GOD has a plan for us and a time when its going to happen but sometimes I just want to ask... WHEN??? and Why??? its not fair... lord... I know in his time... I just need to keep hoping and praying all in his TIME...
thanks for posting this though it really means a lot to know that Im not the only one thinking this,